Limited Lifetime || Platinum Warranty
Your new Baldwin Grand piano is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the original retail purchaser and is extended and limited to its original owner for personal use in the home only, subject to the limitations contained in this warranty (effective April 1, 2004). For commercial use, please see "Conditions and Limitations," section. During the Warranty period, it is your obligation to request and pay for normal tuning and routine maintenance which can be performed or arranged for by your local Baldwin dealer.
If at any time this Baldwin instrument malfunctions as a result of faulty materials or workmanship, Baldwin will repair the defect(s) or replace the instrument, as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion. Baldwin reserves the right to use materials regularly utilized at the time of repair in the event that original materials are no longer available. If replacement of your instrument is deemed appropriate by our staff, Baldwin will replace the instrument with one of the same or most similar style of a value not in excess of the original purchase price of your instrument.
This Warranty is applicable to the commercial use of the piano except where a defect has occurred because of the type of wear resulting from heavy commercial usage. This Warranty covers the cost of both labor (as limited below) and materials on any repair deemed necessary by our Customer Service Representative for the lifetime of the original purchaser. In the unlikely event that your instrument is destroyed, lost or damaged beyond repair while in the possession of Baldwin for repair Baldwin will replace that instrument with one of the same or most similar style of a value not in excess of the original purchase price of your instrument. Any insurance covering the instrument must be carried by owner at owner's expense.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXTENDED TO THE ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASER ONLY AND MAY NOT BE TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED TO SUBSEQUENT OWNERS. IN ORDER TO VALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY, AND AS A CONDITION PRECEDENT TO WARRANTY COVERAGE HEREUNDER, YOU MUST RETURN YOUR WARRANTY REGISTRATION CARD WITHIN FIFTEEN (15) DAYS FOLLOWING THE ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE. YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE OR SALES RECEIPT MUST ACCOMPANY ALL REQUESTS FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE.
This Warranty Is Subject To The Following Limitations
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Any instrument that has been altered or modified in any way or upon which the serial number has been tampered with or altered.
- Any instrument purchased from any source other than an authorized Baldwin Dealer.
- Any instrument whose warranty card has been altered or upon which false information has been given.
- Any instrument that has been damaged due to misuse, negligence, accident, or improper operation.
- Damage caused by exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as extremes in temperature or humidity, which can result in cracks, checks or discoloration in the finish.
- Damage resulting from improper structural modifications made by an unauthorized installer of an automatic player mechanism or resulting from the improper installation or improper use of climate control accessories
- Damage caused by a failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance
- Damage caused by use of other than genuine Baldwin replacement parts or parts of similar quality and composition
- Routine tuning or adjustments to the keyboard, action or pedals resulting from normal use or wear, or wear to the hammers or strings.
- The subjective issue of tonal characteristics.
- Shipping damages of any kind.
- Normal wear and tear (including but not limited to worn keys, worn tuning pins, worn plating, string replacement, scratched fallboards, or damages to or discoloration of the instrument finish for any reason).
- Any factory-installed electronics after a period of one (1) year following the original date of purchase.
- Cracking, discoloration or damage of any sort to the finish or plating for any reason.
- Any and all actual labor costs incurred in connection with any repair reported after the date ten (10) years from the date of purchase of the instrument.
BALDWIN MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXCEEDING THE SPECIFIC PROVISIONS OF THIS WARRANTY ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY. SOME STATES AND/OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO THAT THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. BALDWIN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES SUFFERED BY THE PURCHASER OR ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR BUSINESS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INSTRUMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, EVEN IF BALDWIN OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND BALDWIN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY EXPENSES, CLAIMS, OR SUITS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY OF THE FOREGOING.
**Customers who purchased product outside the U.S should contact their local distributor for the handling and resolution of all warranty issues as the above-described Baldwin Platinum Limited Lifetime Warranty is not applicable.
How To Obtain Warranty Service
In the event of malfunction of your Baldwin instrument, you should notify your nearest Authorized Baldwin dealer. Your Baldwin dealer will provide, or arrange for, service (labor) to correct defects in workmanship and materials at no cost, provided the piano remains in the possession of its original owner.
What you should do - Any problem with your Baldwin Piano can usually be repaired locally. Promptly report any defect covered by this Warranty to your Baldwin dealer. Within a reasonable period of time (not more than 30 days), the dealer will send a representative to inspect the instrument and repair it at that time, if possible.
If a Warranty defect remains uncorrected 90 days after you first contact your Baldwin dealer, you should notify a Baldwin Customer Service Representative. At its discretion and without charge to you, Baldwin will either:
- Issue factory authorization for local repairs OR
- Send the piano back to a Baldwin facility, repair it within 100 working days for a vertical piano or 150 working days for a grand piano, and return it to you OR
- Replace the piano with another piano of similar style and/or value within 45 working days.
No instrument may be returned to Baldwin without such prior Return Authorization. Only Baldwin and Authorized Baldwin Service representatives may perform warranty service and any service performed by unauthorized persons will void this warranty. Baldwin disclaims liability for defects or damage caused by services performed by unauthorized persons or non-warranty service not performed by Baldwin or an Authorized Baldwin Service representative.
When contacting Baldwin, you must include a complete written description of the malfunction of the instrument. If non-warranty work is required or recommended by Baldwin, a quotation will be issued and must be approved by you before any non-warranty work is commenced. You should consider quotations obtained for non-warranty work immediately and advise the Authorized Baldwin Service representative or Baldwin of your wishes. You are not required to purchase non-warranty work in order to obtain service on materials covered by this warranty. Following its inspection of an instrument upon its arrival, Baldwin or the Authorized Baldwin Service representative will advise you or your dealer of the approximate date of completion. The repaired instrument or part will be returned to you or your dealer, freight collect insured.
No representative or other person is authorized to assume for Baldwin any liability except as stated in this warranty. This warranty gives you specific rights which may vary from state to state or from country to country.
For further information, contact Warranty Deptartment, Baldwin Piano Inc., P.O. Box 100087, Nashville, TN 37210-0087, Phone: 1-800-876-2976, www.baldwinpiano.com