Maintenance and Facilities Manager- Montana
Job Summary: Directly oversee all functions, operations, and personnel related to the overall maintenance, repair, and upkeep of the facility and production equipment. Responsible for implementing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program that maximizes the performance of all infrastructure and equipment. Assisting with capital expenditure project planning and implementation related to facility and production equipment. Responsible for managing internal and external resources for facility upkeep including grounds keeping, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and facility housekeeping. Requires daily communication and coordination with other departments including production, engineering, and safety. Promote a strong culture of safety through verification of all facility and equipment meeting proper safety requirements. Maintain a visible presence on the production floor to foster an approachable relationship and engage a quick response with production and maintenance personnel.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a preventive and predictive maintenance program with TPM objectives and methodologies applied.
- Direct the facilities and maintenance personnel by holding daily and weekly department meetings, lead training, conduct performance evaluations, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify and manage critical components to facility and production equipment in order to accurately and cost-effectively manage spare parts inventory.
- Utilize CMMS software to keep accurate records on all maintenance operations including scheduled preventative maintenance, unplanned downtime, work orders, and spare parts inventory.
- Coordinate daily, weekly, and monthly with appropriate leadership to identify maintenance and facility tasks, assign to appropriate maintenance personnel, and verify completion within a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Collaborate with engineering team members on equipment improvement opportunities and best practices implementation.
- Contact and develop relationships with appropriate vendors and service providers for facility and equipment maintenance, upkeep, and repair.
- Perform annual analysis and review of vendors and service providers based on cost, reliability, and performance.
- Research and recommend the priorities of facility and equipment repairs with cost estimates on those potential projects.
- Coordinate resources and schedules for equipment installation and relocation.
- Ensure year-round facility upkeep with planned seasonal facility and grounds maintenance.
- Ensure all facility infrastructure and equipment meet up to date safety standards and all applicable employees are properly trained.
- Perform emergency repair services, as necessary. Responsible to be on call and take calls during off work hours.
- Conduct routine maintenance duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate and lead.
- Self-motivation and accountability.
- Understanding of implementation and upkeep of preventative maintenance programs, experience with TPM preferred.
- Team building, leadership, and administrative skills are required to effectively lead a team dedicated to prompt and collaborative work.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of facility and maintenance experience.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- Electrical systems and equipment experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Mobility to work in typical office and field (warehouse/production) settings and use standard office equipment. Strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The company’s Job Descriptions are not intended to be a complete detailed account of all expected/anticipated activities. We operate in a fast-moving and competitive global environment and therefore need employees to be flexible.
FOR YOUR SECURITY AND PROTECTION - PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY CORRESPONDENCE FOR POSITIONS WILL BE EITHER FROM ADP/WORKFORCE OR FROM A GIBSON.COM EMAIL ADDRESS.
We celebrate diversity and Gibson Brands, Inc is an Equal Opportunity employer.