The job of the Team Lead will directly lead and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators.
GIBSONGibson Brands, Inc. (“Gibson” or the “company”), the world’s most iconic guitar brand, has shaped the sounds of generations of musicians and music lovers across genres for more than 100 years. Orville Gibson founded the company in 1894 in Kalamazoo, Michigan, Gibson has a legacy of world-class craftsmanship, legendary music partnerships and progressive product evolution that is unrivalled among musical instrument companies. Our portfolio of brands includes Gibson as well as many of the most beloved and recognizable music brands, including Epiphone, Kramer, and others; we also own Gibson Pro Audio with brands such as KRK and Cerwin-Vega. Many Gibson instruments are highly collectible since Gibson was at the forefront of innovation for many genres of music including big band, rock-n-roll, and blues. Gibson operates via a central headquarters based in Nashville, TN, supporting five manufacturing facilities as well as four regionally-based support centres that enable the sales, marketing, and distribution activities in each of four different worldwide regions.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSEThe job of the Team Lead will directly lead and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of the Team Lead will include:
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and fabricators
- Insuring all employees are following standard work and engaging their teams on a daily basis
- Report daily key performance indicators (KPI) for separate areas. KPI’s to correspond with the production system requirements
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers
- Review employees' attendance and hours worked
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs
- Projects and/or other duties as requested by management
- Be an integral member of various project teams to change/improve processes as the company evolves
- High school diploma Or GED required
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Woodworking and guitar experience is a plus
- Must be able to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and organize workload to meet organizational timelines in a fast paced, very high-growth environment
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Solid proficiency in Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solutions oriented approach to challenges/issues
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong team work and project management skills combined with ability to work as part of a team
- Results oriented and driven, with a track record for delivering to plan
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances. Able to proactively question and challenge to prioritize and identify solutions in timely manner
- Clear and logical thinker with outstanding numeric ability supported by a rounded commercial awareness
- Curious in nature and always looking to question, learn, and look for better ways to do things
- Relish working in a company with a diverse and fast paced environment
- Personable, fun, team oriented
TravelPotential travel to and between the company’s manufacturing and sales locations may be required (5-10%).
Nota Bene:The company’s Job Descriptions are not intended to be a complete detailed account of all expected/anticipated activities. We operate in a fast-moving and competitive global environment and therefore need employees to be flexible.