For updates on what Gibson is doing about COVID-19, Click Here.
The Product Engineer will report directly to the Master Luthier and will be a part of the design concept and development process leading up to the manufacturing process.
GIBSONGibson Brands, Inc. (“Gibson” or the “company”), the world’s most iconic guitar brand, has shaped the sounds of generations of musicians and music lovers across genres for more than 100 years. Orville Gibson founded the company in 1894 in Kalamazoo, Michigan, Gibson has a legacy of world-class craftsmanship, legendary music partnerships and progressive product evolution that is unrivalled among musical instrument companies. Our portfolio of brands includes Gibson as well as many of the most beloved and recognizable music brands, including Epiphone, Kramer, and others; we also own Gibson Pro Audio with brands such as KRK and Cerwin-Vega. Many Gibson instruments are highly collectible since Gibson was at the forefront of innovation for many genres of music including big band, rock-n-roll, and blues. Gibson operates via a central headquarters based in Nashville, TN, supporting five manufacturing facilities as well as four regionally-based support centres that enable the sales, marketing, and distribution activities in each of four different worldwide regions.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSEThe Product Engineer will report directly to the Master Luthier and will be a part of the design concept and development process leading up to the manufacturing process.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, analyze, construct and evaluate, ensuring that all design standards and product requirements are maintained
- Devise solutions to technical problems that arise in products in development and production, including manufacturing processes and component sourcing. Create engineering change notices as necessary
- Work with project managers to define project schedules for product design and manufacturing implementation. Keep project tasks on schedule and help find solutions to mitigate unexpected delays
- Communicate with product and manufacturing team members regarding design decisions and trade-offs. Obtain appropriate input to ensure the quality of the product design
- Initiate and track prototypes, and artist models through manufacturing
- Interact with marketing team on marketing materials needed for website and promotional use
- Attend and support trade shows, dealer meetings and end user visits as necessary
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering required
- Minimum 5 years of successful product engineering experience, preferably in consumer products
- Must have a high level of self-motivation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly results oriented and focused on business priorities, with a successful record of accomplishments
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments concurrently, including ability to assess and manage priorities
- Fully grasps and embraces the power of data analytics and readily utilizes data from various sources to support decision-making
- Has a genuine understanding of brands and their power in the marketplace
TravelPeriodic domestic and international travel to and between the company’s manufacturing and distribution locations, trade shows, and dealer meetings will be required (approximately 20-30%).
Nota Bene:The company’s job descriptions are not intended to be a complete detailed account of all expected/anticipated activities. We operate in a fast-moving and competitive global environment and therefore need employees to be flexible.