For updates on what Gibson is doing about COVID-19, Click Here.
The job of HR Generalist I is an entry-level position, responsible for performing HR-related duties in a manufacturing environment.
GIBSONGibson Brands, Inc. (“Gibson” or the “company”), the world’s most iconic guitar brand, has shaped the sounds of generations of musicians and music lovers across genres for more than 100 years. Orville Gibson founded the company in 1894 in Kalamazoo, Michigan, Gibson has a legacy of world-class craftsmanship, legendary music partnerships and progressive product evolution that is unrivalled among musical instrument companies. Our portfolio of brands includes Gibson as well as many of the most beloved and recognizable music brands, including Epiphone, Kramer, and others; we also own Gibson Pro Audio with brands such as KRK and Cerwin-Vega. Many Gibson instruments are highly collectible since Gibson was at the forefront of innovation for many genres of music including big band, rock-n-roll, and blues. Gibson operates via a central headquarters based in Nashville, TN, supporting five manufacturing facilities as well as four regionally-based support centres that enable the sales, marketing, and distribution activities in each of four different worldwide regions.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSEThe job of HR Generalist I is an entry-level position, responsible for performing HR-related duties in a manufacturing environment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of the HR Generalist I will include:
- Implement HR strategies and policies
- Manage full-cycle recruitment process for Nashville manufacturing facilities
- Discipline and termination
- Creating a positive work environment through relationship building
- Benefits administration
- Employee relations
- Assist in making sure time entries are reported accurately to payroll daily for weekly processing
- Maintain compliance to all state and federal regulations
- Ensure accurate record keeping and reporting
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Projects and/or other duties as requested by senior HR and Production teams
- Be an integral member of various project teams to change/improve processes as the company evolves
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree a plus
- 1 year of HR or administrative experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and organize workload to meet organizational timelines in a fast paced, very high-growth environment
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Solid proficiency in Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong team work and project management skills combined with ability to work as part of a team
- Curious in nature and always looking to question, learn, and look for better ways to do things
- Relish working in a company with a diverse and fast paced environment
- Personable, fun, team oriented
TravelPotential travel to and between the company’s manufacturing and sales locations may be required (5-10%).
Nota Bene:The company’s Job Descriptions are not intended to be a complete detailed account of all expected/anticipated activities. We operate in a fast-moving and competitive global environment and therefore need employees to be flexible.