As they say, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing…I figured now that I knew how to create setups, I’d come up with an alternate setup for two songs where I felt the guitar sound I was getting from the computer wasn’t working right.
Thursday, September 27, 2007 1:13 PM
I finally figured out how to change setups in Sonar. Brandon from Cakewalk had told me that I should be able to have multiple projects open at the same time, and only the one with the focus would actually drain the CPU. However, whenever I switched focus to the new window, the audio engine would quit.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 1:11 PM
I said I’d talk a little bit more about songwriting with the Digital Les Paul, as both Brian and I have noticed that it really changes the process.
Thursday, September 20, 2007 5:42 PM
We’re getting back into the swing of things, what with Brian returning from China after his gig with Public Enemy (and his time spent delving into the Chinese punk rock scene... maybe I can twist his arm and get him to write a bit about that for the blog).
Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:34 PM
In anticipation of the next day’s rehearsal, I instantiated six instances of AmpliTube 2, and – instant CPU meltdown, with nasty crackles, dropouts, and glitches. Each instance was using about 20% of the CPU power, and the sound was unacceptable to say the least. Back to the drawing board.
Friday, September 07, 2007 10:45 AM
Brian’s taking off for China in a few days...
Monday, September 03, 2007 8:30 AM
This was the first time Brian and I had managed to rehearse since the gig. He was on tour with Public Enemy, and I had a long video shoot in New York to attend to, as well as a trip to the West Coast to visit several companies and spend some time at EQ magazine.
Saturday, September 01, 2007 8:27 AM
That morning I broke down my guitar rig, loaded it into my trusty 2000 VW bug (and marveled at the fact that not only did it hold the pedalboard, Digital Les Paul, L1 setup with two bass bins, and all my cables, but could hold another L1 if I so desired!), and drove to the gig.
Friday, August 10, 2007 8:26 AM
Now that the pedalboard design had been “frozen” and proven its worth, I felt it was time to finalize the design, make the custom patch cords, and leave myself some debugging time in case there were any problems.
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 8:25 AM
The rehearsal went great, but with a major bonus: At one point, Brian thought the guitar wasn’t loud enough (imagine that – being a guitarist and having a bandmate say “it’s not loud enough, turn it up!”) so I cranked the volume on the Bose L1 a bit more.
Monday, August 06, 2007 5:06 PM