Billboard Names No. 1 Love Song of All Time
Happy Valentine’s Day, rockers! Have you ever wondered what would top the list of the most popular love tunes of all time? The Billboard Hot 100 has been around for over 50 years, and the folks behind the chart have found a way to answer that question.
The publication has taken every song that has charted with the word “love” in its title and ranked them based on chart position and how many weeks they stayed on top. The outcome? The No. 1 love song of all time is “Endless Love” by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross. The duet topped the charts for nine weeks in 1981, putting it ahead of the pack. Check out the Top 10 “love” songs of all time below.
Top 10 ‘Love’ Songs of All Time, According to Billboard:
1. “Endless Love,” Lionel Richie & Diana Ross
2. “I'll Make Love to You,” Boyz II Men
3. “We Found Love,” Rihanna
4. “How Deep Is Your Love,” Bee Gees
5. “Silly Love Songs,” Wings
6. “I Will Always Love You,” Whitney Houston
7. “Let Me Love You,” Mario
8. “Because I Love You (The Postman Song),” Stevie B
9. “Best of My Love,” The Emotions
10. “I Can’t Stop Loving You,” Ray Charles