This lesson is aimed at helping the beginning guitar student get started off on the right foot by covering all the fundamentals of the electric guitar. By the end of this hour lesson, you're going to know your instrument, and you're going to be making music ... guaranteed!
Chapter 5: Hammer-ons, Pull-offs, and Slides
The final chapter of this beginning lesson takes a look at the more “vocal” techniques of the guitar, such as hammer-ons, pull-offs, and slides. I'll also show you how to put all of these into action as part of scales, licks and rhythmic strums.
When you're all done, you're going to walk away with basic knowledge about the following key components of beginning electric guitar:
- The parts of the electric guitar
- Learning the strings
- Tuning up properly
- Basic chord positions
- Shortcut chord positions, such as partial barres and power chords
- Left-hand dampening
- Basic blues shuffles
- Alternate up-down picking as well as all-downstroke picking
- Making the right hand the “drummer”
- Hammer-ons, pull-offs, and slides
Go back to Chapter 4 or move onto Chapter 6